Gwen Stefani Biography
Birthdate: October 3, 1969
Birthplace: Fullerton, CA
For years she headed up the ska/punk band from The O.C., No Doubt. Many hit records later, Gwen Stefani has struck out on her own, releasing a solo album titled, Love.Angel.Music.Baby. Find out more about this blonde bombshell right here!
Gwen Stefani - The Bad Beginning
It all started in sunny California, when Gwen Stefani's bro, Eric Stefani and friend John Spence, formed a band called No Doubt in 1987. Just 17 years old, Gwen stepped up to the plate as the co-singer in the band. At the end of the year, in December 1987, John Spence committed suicide - leaving Eric and Gwen to continue on without him. New members, Tony Kanal, Tom Dumont and Adrian Young were picked up and Eric Stefani left the band in 1994.
Gwen Stefani - No Doubt About It
The release of No Doubt's third album in 1995 finally brought the band, and especially Gwen, into the spotlight. The album chronicled the break-up of Gwen and fellow band mate, Tony Kanal, who had dated for more than seven years. Despite No Doubt's success, things were getting a little tense between Gwen and her fellow band mates. The press wanted Gwen to be front and center, leaving the rest of the guys kind of annoyed. But instead of breaking up over their differences, No Doubt used their video for the hit single, Don't Speak, to make fun of the situation. That wasn't the last we heard of the SoCal band. The discs, Return to Saturn and Rock Steady, followed in the years to come, which pumped out singles like Ex-Girlfriend and Hey Baby.
Gwen Stefani - Striking Out Alone
Even during her time with No Doubt, Gwen was working on side projects with other artists. She recorded the track Let Me Blow Ya Mind with rapper Eve and the song Southside with Moby - winning awards for both during 2001-2002. During the same time, Gwen got married to Bush frontman, Gavin Rossdale in two separate ceremonies - one in London, where Gavin is from and one is LA. The next few years had Gwen exploring and growing as an artist, working with several big artists on her first solo album which was finally released in late 2004.
Gwen Stefani - Did U Know?
- Gwen Stefani's natural hair color is brown.
- Gwen has her own line of clothing and accessories called L.A.M.B
- Gwen Stefani is featured in the movie The Aviator and she also lends her voice to the 2005 animated flick, Madagascar.
- Gwen was a member of her high school swim team.
- Gwen married British musician Gavin Rossdale in 2002 and they have 3 sons. Kingston, born May 26th, 2006; Zuma, born August 21st, 2008; and Apollo, born February 28th, 2014.
- In 2014 Gwen joined the cast of "The Voice" along side Pharrell Williams, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton
Gwen Stefani Says...
"I'm just an Orange County girl from a loving family making music with my friends. It's not really that big of a deal."
- Gwen Stefani's Love.Angel.Music.Baby CD Review
- No Doubt: The Singles 1992-2003 CD Review
- Quiz! Name That Celebrity Designer
- More Cool Celebrity Bios!