Ashlee Simpson :: Bittersweet World CD Review
Ashlee Simpson has released Bittersweet World, her third studio Album. Kidzworld has the review.
Ashlee Simpson gets the party started with tracks like Outta My Head and Little Miss Obsessiveon her newest album, Bittersweet World. Kidzworld has the review.
Ashlee Simpson :: Bittersweet World
On Bittersweet World, with the help of superstar producers Chad Hugo from the Neptunes, Timbaland, and Kenna, Ashlee Simpson has created a fun party album with a consistent stream of hip beats and just enough ‘80s influence. Like Gwen Stefani’s solo projects, this album is all about energy and catchy hooks. Her first singles, Outta My Head, and Little Miss Obsessive are perfectly produced and packaged pop hits and, unlike a lot of her contemporaries who obsess over creative control, Ashlee seems totally okay with depending on the talent around her to make her better.
And she is better. This album has a great style and sound, and even though she's not a Mariah-level songstress, the voice is only one part of the pop-star equation. Sister Jessica learned that the hard way, and Ashlee has more than enough feistiness and pop-punk sensibility to make up for it. It helps that she has the input of fiancé Pete Wentz too, because Bittersweet World definitely demonstrates some of Fall Out Boy’s cheekiness on tracks like Hot Stuff, which drips of Chad Hugo’s N.E.R.D flavored beats. Ashlee has put up with a lot of criticism surrounding her lip-synching, nose job, and now rumored pregnancy, but the best way to put that stuff in the past is to do exactly what she has done, surround herself with talented people, have fun, and put out an album that makes people happy.
- Ashlee explained the album’s title as reflecting “How with the bad comes the good in pretty much every situation and vice versa. There are hard things, but you always have to find the positive.”
- In connection with the album release clothing retailer, Wet Seal is launching a collection of tops designed by Ashlee.
- So far, the album has reached number two on iTunes album chart, ahead of Mariah Carey’s E=MC2.
- Ashlee performed the song Boys on a Dancing With The Stars result show on the same day the new album was released.
- Ashlee’s first two albums Autobiography and I Am Me both debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
Outta My Head, Boys, Hot Stuff, Little Miss Obsessive
Bittersweet World Rating: