Dave the Barbarian TV Show Facts
Dave isn’t your typical Barbarian, in fact, he’s kind of a wuss. Follow Dave and his sisters as they protect the land of Udrogoth while their parents are away.
- Dave - Dave has the strength of ten men but he’s a scaredy-cat barbarian. If he’s not protecting the kingdom, he’s probably cooking or doing origami.
- Fang - Dave’s little sis Fang loves to smash things and would be a great barbarian hero if she wasn’t so small.
- Princess Candy - The Princess is in charge while her parents are away, but she’d much rather be hanging out at the mall.
- Oswidge - The kid’s uncle and kingdom’s sorcerer, Oswidge isn’t great at magic, but has a big appetite.
- Faffy - Faffy is Dave’s pet miniature lightning-breathing dragon. Watch out if he gets excited.
- Lula - Lula is Dave’s magical sword, and she has quite an attitude.
- Throktar - The King of Ugrodoth, Throktar is Dave, Fang, and Candy’s dad, and has left the kingdom to fight evil.
- Glimia - The kid’s mom is Queen, and she’s beautiful, smart, and really tiny, plus she’s away fighting evil too.
- Dark Lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy - This evil piggy wears a cape, possesses the power of the Mystic Amulet of Hogswineboar, and wants to rule Ugrodoth.
- Dave the Barbarian has been nominated for an Annie Award.
- Twinkle the Marvel Horse’s voice is based on Christopher Walken.
- This show mixes both ancient and modern times, much like The Flintstones.
- Dave the Barbarian first premiered in January of 2004.
"Dawn in Udrogoth: a time for all barbarian heroes, and their trusty dragons, to rise and begin their mighty action-packed adventures! " - Storyteller
"At last! I know my purpose in life: to help people! And to do that, I must become... A psychofloobicologist!" - Dave
"Why are you stopping me, that' guy's a menace to shopping! Besides, if he ate all that cheese, it'd go straight to his hips. " - Candy
"Hey, he threw my room! All my dollies are in there! I mean, all my... Weapons. " - Fang