Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Game Cheats: Carpe Retractum
Dear Gary,I really need help on doing the Carpe Retractum spell challenge for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on Gamecube. Please help me! Thank you!
Hey HermioneLover,Stuck on a spell challenge? No worries! Here's a video game walkthrough for the entire Carpe Retractum spell challenge that'll help you out:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Carpe Retractum WalkthroughThe Carpe Retractum challenge is on the fifth day at Hogwarts from the Charms class on the 2nd floor. Here's the info you need to beat the challenge, one step at a time!
1. Head into the challenge from your class and use Glacius to freeze the flying torches then head to the next room.
2. Each character needs to freeze the handles in here so they can pull on them. Then the floor moves down and you have to zap a bunch of Red Caps.
3. Have Ron and Harry lift the gate so Hermione can sneak into the room with a lake in the middle.
4. Hermione can freeze the lake with Glacius, then sneak across and hit the switch so Harry and Ron can get in too. They can't cross the frozen water yet though.
5. Head into the corridor with Hermione, collect the antidotes in case the Doxies poison you, and enter the room.
6. Freeze a fountain, climb up and hit a switch. Head to the platform where the mirror isn't lined up with the beam, freeze the fountain, climb up, and realign the mirror.
7. A puddle of water will form, freeze it and shove it onto the floor switch to the right of the door you came in through. You'll have to use Reparo and Flipendo to break and repair some crates to move it properly.
8. The gate will open, go through, zap the Red Caps, repair the switch, then press the switch to lower a platform.
9. Cross the platform, and a bridge, to another switch. Press it to activate some stairs near Harry and Ron.
10. Have Harry and Ron take the stairs, then have Harry climb a rope, walk along a ledge and push a switch. It opens a gate, but Harry gets trapped!
11. Have Hermione and Ron head through the gate, repair the bridge and zap the Red Caps and Hinkypunks.
12. Hermione can freeze the fountain, then Ron can climb it and Lumos the crystal ball on top.
13. Freeze the fountain by the mirror, climb up and turn the mirror so the beam hits the eye and makes a puddle.
14. Freeze the puddle and shove it around so the crystal ball beam shines into the eye on the center platform and makes stairs appear.
15. Head up the stairs and get Ron to kick the Hinkypunks butts! Then head left and hit a switch to free Harry.
16. Take the bridge, the other bridge at the end needs Carpe Retractum to be used so you can't take it yet. Instead, have Harry jump to the brick platform and scoot up a rope.
17. Stop at the ledge, Flipendo the lever to raise the platform so Harry can take the passage with the torches.
18. Hustle Harry down some passages 'til you find the Carpe Retractum Spellbook. Congrats!
19. Blast the Red Caps that show up and use Carpe Retractum to get to the next passage.
20. Head down the passage to the room with the drain, open up the door and use Carpe Retractum to pull the bridge into place so Hermione and Ron can join you.
21. There's a switch behind the gate but you can't get to it. Instead, open up the grate on the wall and have Hermione squeeze through.
22. Have Hermione head right, past the door, to a switch that'll open the grate. Hit that, then go back and go through the door.
23. Zap the Red Caps, grab the shield and get ready to battle a boss!
That's it for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban video game cheats and walkthroughs this week, but stick around and see what cheats Gary can come up with for next week. He'll get the 411 on all the coolest game codes! Don't forget, if you get stuck and need a game cheat code, and let him know!