He-Man and the Masters of the Universe TV Show Facts
Your favorite 80s cartoon is back on DVD - and weve got the review right here. Find out all about He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season 2, Vol. 1 DVD.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon made its television debut in 1983. The show was based on a line of action figures that had been released in 1981 and quickly became one of the most popular cartoons of all time. Find out more about this hulking hero!
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Main Characters
- Prince Adam/He-Man - Prince Adam is the only son of King Randor and Queen Marlena of the planet Eternia. When he uses his magic sword, he turns into He-Man, a powerful warrior who helps to protect his planet from the evil Skeletor.
- Cringer/Battle Cat - Cringer is Prince Adam's cowardly pet tiger. But when Prince Adam turns into He-Man, Cringer is suddenly transformed into the fearless Battle Cat.
- Teela - Teela is Prince Adam's best friend, and the daughter of the Sorceress of Castle Greyskull. The Sorceress gave Teela up when she was a baby because she didn't want her to be in harm's way when the Castle was attacked. Teela was raised by Ducan, AKA Man-At-Arms.
- Duncan - Duncan is Teela's foster dad who is also known as Man-At-Arms. Duncan is an inventor and soldier who mentors Prince Adam in his battle against evil.
- Orko - Orko is not originally from Eternia. He is of the Trollan race and was transported to Eternia during a cosmic storm. He now helps He-Man in his mission to defeat Skeletor.
- Skeletor - Skeletor is He-Man's arch nemesis. He rules the dark side of Eternia from his throne on Snake Mountain. Skeletor has the muscular body of a man, but has blue skin and a skull for a face.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Fun Facts
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe ran for two full seasons between 1983-1985. There were several spin-off shows later on including The New Adventures of He-Man in 1990 and an updated He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in 2002.
- A live-action movie called Masters of the Universe was released in 1987.
- In 1985, a spin-off of the He-Man show was released for young girls called She-Ra: Princess of Power. She-Ra was said to be He-Man's twin sister.
- He-Man was one of the first cartoons developed as a promotional tool to help sell a toy.
- The He-Man episodes that featured Skeletor were never aired in [kwlink]France[/kwlink] because his skull face was thought to be too scary.
- He-Man was the first cartoon to be aired on weekday afternoons instead of Saturday mornings.
- There are rumors of a brand-new, live-action He-Man movie to be released in 2007 but no actors have been confirmed for the flick.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Quotes
- "By the power of Greyskull..." - Prince Adam.
- "I have the power!" - He-Man.
- "I'll get you for this, He-Man!" - Skeletor.
- "You want magic? I'll give you magic." - Orko.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Season Two DVD
Season two of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe has been broken down into two separate volumes - with the first volume now available in stores. It features the first 33 episodes of two half-hour documentaries about the making of the show, fun facts, commentary for three of the episodes and much more! Add this classic cartoon to your DVD collection today.
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season Two; Volume One Rating:
- Popular Cartoons From the '80s
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV Show Facts
- Kidzworld's Top Ten Fave Cartoons