Make Christmas Treats for Santa!
Santa Claus will be really busy come Christmas Eve, so leave out a plate of sweet treats to help him fuel up for his long journey. Even though he has a soft spot for milk and cookies, he loves munching on a variety of snacks, so check out some of Kidzworld's yummy ideas for Christmas treats!
You might make a mess in the kitchen while preparing these chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, but Santa will totally love 'em!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp parawax
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and parawax over low heat.
- Take the chilled peanut butter mixture and roll 'em into balls about the size of a quarter.
- Using toothpicks, dip and coat the balls in chocolate. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and refrigerate until they're ready to serve.
Fruits, Vegetables and Sandwiches
Santa may have a sweet tooth, but he also loves fruits, veggies and sandwiches. Make him something healthy to snack on, like turkey on whole wheat bread, and cut up some carrots and celery sticks. You can also leave him an apple or banana to munch on-the-go.
Minty Hot Chocolate
Help Santa quench his thirst with a cup of hot chocolate. You can probably find a package of Nestle Hot Chocolate Mix in the kitchen cupboard. Add a candy cane as a garnish to turn it into a minty hot chocolate so that Santa will have fresh breath all night long!
Don't forget to leave treats for the reindeer cuz they'll be just as hungry as Santa! Here's a quick and easy snack to make for them - mix rolled oats, raisins and dried fruits together in a big bowl. You can buy dried cranberries, apricots or dates at the grocery store. Sprinkle this dry mixture on the lawn or patio so that Rudolph and his buddies can enjoy a snack while Santa's inside puttin' presents under the Christmas tree.
- Healthy Holiday Eating Tips
- Origins of Christmas Traditions
- Get in the Spirit With Christmas Crafts!
- More Holiday Tips on Health and Body!