Ashley Tisdale Biography
Birthdate: July 2, 1985
Birthplace: West Deal, New Jersey
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
East Coast Beginnings
Ashley Tisdale was discovered by her current manager in a mall in New Jersey when she was just three years old! For the next few years, Ashley did some modeling (she was a Ford model alongside Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton) but it wasn't until she was 10 that the acting roles started to come in. Once she started however, there was no stopping her.
Working Her Way to the Top
Throughout her childhood, Ashley scored roles on The Amanda Show, 7th Heaven and Charmed. Finally in 2005, Ashley got her big break! She landed the role of Maddie Fitzpatrick on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Alongside fellow Disney stars Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Ashley Tisdale made The Suite Life a huge success. Due to her achievements and talent, she was picked to star in the smash TV-movie hit, High School Musical and it's sequel High School Musical 2. Ashley plays drama queen, Sharpay Evans, in the movie series that has sold millions of DVDs and soundtrack albums.
The Little Songstress
Ashley sang at the White House when she was 12, so it comes as no real surprise that it was her dream to record her own album. She has already had success with singles off the High School Musical soundtrack and finally released her first album, Headstrong, in 2007. Presently, Ashley is the voice of Candice in the new Disney cartoon Phineas and Ferb and High School Musical 3 is set to be released in late 2008.
Did U Know?
- In 2007, Ashley had a nose job to repair a deviated septum and two fractures that were interfering with her breathing.
- Ashley has a dog named Blondie who's a Malti-Poo.
- Ashley's favorite food is sushi.
- Ashley has an older sister named Jennifer, who is also an actress.
- Ashley was the first female ever to debut with two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time.
- Ashley's favorite actors include Johnny Depp and Julia Roberts.
"I love Disney because I'm really, really young still. I never really felt comfortable, even before I was on Disney, doing any, like, type of roles that are really mature. I always wanted to work for Disney my whole life."