Bart Simpson's Classic Pranks and Gags
He might be Marge's Special Little Guy, but Bart Simpson is one of the sneakiest pranksters in television history. From prank calling Moe at the tavern, to wooing Ms. Krabappel through love notes, Bart has done it all. Let's take a look at some of Bart's pranks, but remember: don't try this at home!
One of Bart's longest running pranks is calling in to Moe's Tavern and getting Moe to say some ridiculously funny and embarrassing things out loud. Here's some of the classic moments, courtesy of Moe, who just doesn't learn from his mistakes.
- Phone call for Al...Al Coholic...is there an Al Coholic here?"
- "Uh, is I.P. Freely here? Hey, everybody, I.P. Freely?!"
- "Uh, Jacques Strap! Hey guys, I'm looking for a Jacques Strap!"
- "Bea O'Problem! Bea O'Problem! Come on, guys, do I have a Bea O'Problem here?"
- "Uh, Amanda Huggenkiss? Hey, I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss! Ah, why can't I find Amanda Huggenkiss?"
Bart has been pranking the people of Springfield for over 18 seasons and 400 episodes, but a couple of his elaborate pranks stand out as classics.
In the episode Bart the Lover, Bart is stuck in detention with Ms. Krabappel after school when he sees her Lonely Hearts dating ad and decides to get some revenge. Using a picture of hockey player Gordie Howe and the fake name Woodrow, Bart responds to the ad in a series of romantic letters. Once Mrs. Krabappel falls head over heels for the romantic guy who doesn't exist, Bart sets up a date and, obviously, Woodrow never shows. It's a really cruel, elaborate prank, and even Bart feels bad for his teacher at the end. He admits what he did to the rest of the Simpson family, and together they write one last letter to let Edna down easy, proving even classic pranks can go too far.
Another prank that crosses the line is when Bart gets a microphone and radio for his birthday. At first, he's choked about how lame a gift it is, but once he realizes the tricks he can pull, like telling Todd and Jeff Flanders to do bad things, the action picks up. Bart puts the radio down a well and pretends to be stuck down there. Soon all of Springfield is following every minute of this news story. A bunch of celebrities even get together and sing Sending Our Love Down the Well for the poor little guy. In an ironic twist, Bart actually does end up stuck in the well for real, and like any of his classic pranks, everyone learns an important lesson by the end of the episode.
During the Simpsons opening credits, Bart is often seen in detention, writing funny one-liners on the blackboard over and over. These hilarious little clips show you exactly what kind of trouble a master prankster like Bart can get into.
- Garlic gum is not funny.
- I will not yell "Fire!" in a crowded classroom.
- I will not Xerox my butt.
- I will not drive the principal's car.
- I will not sell school property.
- I will not grease the monkey bars.
- The principal's toupée is not a frisbee.
- I will not charge admission to the bathroom.
- The cafeteria deep fryer is not a toy.
- I will not go near the kindergarten turtle.
- Wedgies are unhealthy for children and other living things.
- "Ay Caramba!"
- "Eat my Shorts!"
- "Don't have a cow man!"
- "But who'd want to hurt me? I'm this century's Dennis the Menace!"
- "I can't stand to see you so upset, Lis, unless it's from a rubber spider down your dress - Hmm, that gives me an idea. Note for later: put rubber spider down Lisa's dress."
- "I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything!"
- "Not even I would do that and I'm America's bad boy!"
Have Your Say
What's your favorite Bart Simpson prank? Leave a comment and let us know!
- The Simpsons TV Show Facts
- Quiz! Test Your Simpsons Knowledge
- Homer Simpson Biography
- More Cool Cartoons